Sunday, March 2, 2008

Today is MY day!

I've decided to focus on things that make me happy today, it's a lazy Sunday with my family and I'm feeling pretty good about things. I got up this morning and straightened the house up a bit while everyone was sleeping and then sat down and started my photo/journal with a page about things that make me smile. It's neat to work on 8x8 paper as I'm used to 12x12 layouts, it was fun and I'm making a big effort not to be picky about colors matching, straight lines etc. I just want to relax and express myself a bit and not be as critical as I am with my family scrapbooks.

Here are my first 2 pages:

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Fantastic Lor! That's what I love about mixed media art and collage! I can literally throw paint on the page, mix colors, rub it with a cloth, distress it with sand paper, what ever, then add any embellishments I feel like, and although there is nothing "perfect" about them, they are exactly what I want! Very liberating!!!

I'm glad you had a relaxing day!

Kris said...

Loving the casual style and highlighting the things that are really important to you! Welcome to the blogosphere!

amandabridget said...

So thrilled that you are doing this....and it gives me a daily glimpse into Lor...that makes my heart a happy one...here's to more relaxation....self-expression and creativity...MORE JOY!