Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My oasis

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about things that feed my soul...something I have neglected to think about for too long now. This page is based on a picture that I took just down the street from my old office, this water was about a block away and was my refuge on many occasions. It's the place I could go to reflect, be quiet and just watch the world go by.

I have spent a great deal of time sitting on the rocks thinking about my dad and grandfather, they were both people that truly loved nature and especially water. I love sitting there watching the clouds roll by and thinking of them watching over me and smiling.



I always have my camera in hand in this spot as well, my favorite nature pictures have all been taken there, it's just lovely. The picture doesn't do it justice on the computer, the flower in the corner is a deep pink and the contrast against the gray water is really pretty.


Photobucket




Photobucket

5 comments:

Carmen said...

Beautiful picture Lor and I love the pages you did. I think everyone should have a special place like yours.

Jodi said...

Lor, the picture and this post are equally beautiful!

Gena said...

Sniff, sniff! And look you even scrapped it and we NEVER did get together halfway. I'm doing Atlanta in June, but maybe, just maybe I can plan a trip of there and I can bring scrapping LOL!

Ros said...

I found your blog through Gena's. What a beautiful spot you have there...

April said...

Hey stranger! I love your pictures and pages! I didn't even know you had a blog. I found yours through Carmen's.